Fertility drugs, taken through injections, are used to stimulate a woman's ovaries to develop multiple mature eggs. This improves chances for fertilization and ultimately pregnancy. The most common medications are are Gonadotropins, Follistim, Gonal F, and Menopur.
The following is a comprehensive online training video from Freedom Fertility Pharmacy that demonstrates how to self-administer various types of fertility drugs.
Podcasts for Fremont, Santa Clara and Walnut Creek patients only
The following injections podcasts have been created for the Fremont Center for Reproductive Health. Follow along with the corresponding PowerPoint Presentation:
- Reconstitution and Administration of 3,300 units of HCG: Podcast | Presentation
- Reconstitution and Administration of 5,000 units of HCG: Podcast | Presentation
- Reconstitution and Administration of 10,000 units of HCG: Podcast | Presentation
- Giving a Subcutaneous Injection: Podcast | Presentation
- Giving an Intramuscular Injection Podcast | Presentation
Sacramento and Vacaville patients
The Sacramento Center for Reproductive Health may use different medication dosages and needle sizes. For more information, please contact the Center at (888) 381-0627.
Sacramento Fertility Clinic Welcomes New Bay Area IVF Specialist
The Kaiser Permanente Center for Reproductive Health welcomes Dr. Sae Sohn, whose specializations include Bay Area IVF (in-vitro fertilization) and women's health. Read More »
A Year of Celebration for Sacramento and Bay Area Reproductive Health Centers
Serving people from the San Francisco and Sacramento areas looking for a fertility clinic that offers a range of reproductive services, The Kaiser Permanente Centers for Reproductive Health celebrates another year of health and happiness. Read More »