Whether you are just beginning to consider parenthood or have been trying to conceive for a while, it is an important time to take care of your health. There are many useful resources available to help you through the entire reproductive lifecycle, whether you are going through infertility or IVF treatment.
Education, Awareness, and Statistics
- Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART): The primary organization of professionals dedicated to the practice of IVF or assisted reproductive technology (ART). SART reports IVF outcomes, sets best practice guidelines in the field of ART, and plays a role in patient advocacy and regulatory review and quality assurance.
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) and ASRM Patient Resources: A leader for multidisciplinary information, education, advocacy, and standards in the field of reproductive medicine.
- CDC Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion: Statistics and education related to assisted reproductive technology (ART), success rates, national summary, and fertility center reports, etc.
- Path2Parenthood: Formerly known as the American Fertility Association (AFA). A national patient advocacy organization serving as a resource for infertility prevention, reproductive health, and family building.
- Infertility Resources: Operated by Internet Health Resources. Offers information related to fertility/infertility, reproductive medicine services, family building, and products.
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG): Advocates for quality health care for women.
- Endometriosis Association: An organization that provides education and support for women with endometriosis.
- PCOS Awareness Association: A national nonprofit advocacy organization for women with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS); they offer educational and support services for people diagnosed with PCOS.
- International Council on Infertility Information Dissemination (INCIID): A nonprofit committed to providing information regarding diagnosis and treatment of infertility.
- Vitamins and Nutrition Center: Information on vitamins, the latest vitamin research, expert knowledge on vitamins and tips for proper supplementation with vitamins.
- ReproTech: A long-term storage cryobank.
Surrogacy, Donors, and Adoptive Family Planning
- Conceptual Options: Offers ovum and sperm donation both nationally and internationally, as well as surrogate parenting.
- Creating a Family: Education and support for adoptive and foster parents, infertility patients, etc.
- California Cryobank: A California based donor sperm bank.
LGBTQ Family Planning
- Family Pride: Seeks to advance the well-being of lesbian and gay parents and their families through support and public understanding.